City Arts Seeks Applications for Community Arts Fund

Applications accepted online until April 16, 2018.

Burlington, VT (February 13, 2018): Burlington City Arts seeks applications for its Community Arts Fund. The BCA Community fund was created to foster a robust, healthy, creative community, to encourage social innovation through the arts, and to support artists and organizations that contribute to the public good through a competitive grant process. The City of Burlington contributes $35,000 to the program, and BCA raises additional funds to augment the program through private sources. This year, Burlington City Arts Community Art Fund has a new grant category designed to encourage projects that share the cultural art forms of Burlington’s diverse citizens with the public.Applications from individuals living in Burlington who practice art forms specific to their culture are highly encouraged to apply.

Purpose
The Burlington City Arts Community Fund will provide one-year funding of up to $3000 for Burlington-based practicing artists, creative professionals or small arts organizations to develop projects that engage and connect the community and address community needs, challenges and priorities through the arts.

Grants will be selected in three categories based on the criteria established for each:
Grants to individual artists/informal artist groups
Grants to individuals for projects that share cultural art forms of Burlington’s diverse citizens with the public
Grants for small arts organizations

All proposed projects must have a public component or include a Burlington-based public “presentation” of the work (i.e., performances, exhibitions, classes, workshops, presentations, installations, showings, publications, happenings). This public component must occur within the grant period; therefore, it is advised that applicants propose projects with a confirmed public presentation component.

2018 Timeline
Application available online February 1, 2018
Applications will be due on April 16, 2018
Announcement of awards on May 30, 2018 (estimated)
Funds available on July 1, 2018
Projects must be completed between July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019 (estimated)

Requirements & Eligibility
Applicants are encouraged to read through the requirements, criteria, skatz.

What Amounts Can be Requested
Grant requests may be up to $3000 and request amount should be commensurate with project description (ie, smaller total budget=smaller request, larger total budget=larger request). Projects may be funded completely by the BCA Community Fund or have a budget larger than $3000 and be funded in part by the BCA Community Fund.

When Do Projects Need To Take Place
Projects must take place between July 1, 2018, and June 30, 2019.

How is Funding Decided
All projects will be reviewed and awarded by a grants panel that will be selected annually based on criteria outlined for each category. For individual artist grants, panels will be comprised of residents and/or business owners from Burlington, including non-submitting art professionals from different disciplines and community members. Panelists will be selected annually by BCA staff from a list of nominees made by community members based on experience in their artistic discipline and geographic location, with representation from throughout the City. Nominations for panelists may be made here. For organization grants, panels will be comprised of individuals with experience working in arts and non-profit organizations from the Greater Burlington Area. Panelists will be selected annually by BCA staff. Grantees will be required to submit a final report describing and evaluating the project, providing participant demographics, and outlining actual funds expended. Funds will be dispersed according to a contract facilitated by Burlington City Arts. A payment totaling 75% of the award will be made upon signing the contract and the remaining 25% upon submission of final report. No funds would be made available to organizations or individuals that are delinquent with payments to any other department of the City.

Click here for more information and to apply.

Click here for a list of past grantees.

About Burlington City Arts
Burlington City Arts is dedicated to connecting community to the arts through creation, experimentation, and education in all forms of contemporary art. BCA offers exhibitions, special events, classes, workshops, and many other activities in Burlington.

498total visits,1visits today

leverton

I have been involved with publishing and marketing for the past 32 years. I enjoy helping people find ways to share their voice. I have found ways to do this through the written word, articles and various media outlets. Area-Info.net is an avenue to help everyone have a voice who wants a voice. If you have questions about how you can have your voice heard, I would be happy to schedule a time to consult with you.

You May Also Like