“Waves of Change: Charting the Energy Transition” will be the theme at world’s preeminent energy conference March 9-13 in Houston
HOUSTON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Energy leaders, experts, government officials and policymakers, as well as leaders from the automotive, environmental, technology financial and industrial sectors, will be among the speakers at CERAWeek by IHS Markit 2020, March 9-13 at the Hilton Americas—Houston.
CERAWeek 2020: Waves of Change: Charting the Energy Transition will scan the horizon of the new energy future to examine the changing trends of energy markets and climate policies; the competition of ideas; and how the impacts of government policies, new technologies, investor perspectives, geopolitics and the global economy will shape it all. 2020 marks the 39th anniversary of the event, produced by business information provider IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO).
“CERAWeek 2020 and its theme, Waves of Change is about understanding an era of transition that is complex, consequential and reshaping the assumptions and strategies of companies and governments around the world,” said Daniel Yergin, conference chair and vice chairman of IHS Markit. “It is a future that will be shaped by a multitude of nuanced choices to be made amidst an ever-changing blend of geopolitics, technological advances, economic shifts—and the battle of ideas. We are very pleased to welcome this year’s distinguished group of speakers to explore and illuminate these important discussions.”
Technology, innovation and the future of mobility will be areas of particular focus throughout the CERAWeek 2020 program. The CERAWeek Agora will feature a community of thought leaders, technologists, innovators, start-ups, investors, academics, energy companies and government officials and NGOs to explore the intersection of energy and technology and digital transformation that is reshaping industry. The mobility program at CERAWeek will provide specific insights into driverless technologies, electric vehicles, charging infrastructure and regulatory issues, among others.
Speakers at CERAWeek 2020 will include (partial list):
- Minister Bento Albuquerque, minister of mines and energy, Brazil
- H.E. Mohammed Sanusi Barkindo, secretary general, OPEC
- Ben van Beurden, CEO, Royal Dutch Shell
- Dr. Fatih Birol, executive director, International Energy Agency
- Dan Brouillette, secretary of energy, U.S. Department of Energy
- Hon. Neil Chatterjee, chairman, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
- Herbert Diess, chairman of the board of management, Volkswagen AG
- H.E. Rocío Nahle García, secretary of energy, Mexico
- Lynn Good, chairman, president and CEO, Duke Energy
- Vicki Hollub, president and CEO, Occidental
- H.E. Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, minister of state in the United Arab Emirates, CEO, Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC)
- Andrew R. Jassy, CEO, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- HE Saad Sherida Al-Kaabi, minister of state for energy affairs, president and CEO of Qatar Petroleum
- Ryan Lance, chairman and CEO, ConocoPhillips
- Bernard Looney, CEO, BP
- Hon. Joe Manchin, U.S. Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, U.S. Senator, State of West Virginia
- H.E. Eng. Tarek El Molla, minister of petroleum and mineral resources, Egyptian Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources
- Hon. Lisa Murkowski, chairman, Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, U.S. Senator, State of Alaska
- Amin H. Nasser, president and CEO, Saudi Aramco
- Patrick Pouyanné, chairman and CEO, TOTAL SA
- David M. Rubenstein, co-founder and co-executive chairman, Carlyle Group
- Minister María Fernanda Suárez, minister of mines and energy, Colombia
- Andrew Wheeler, administrator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Jason Zander, executive vice president, Microsoft Corporation
Visit www.ceraweek.com for a complete list of speakers and the most up-to-date program information (subject to change).
CERAWeek by IHS Markit is the premier annual international gathering of energy industry leaders, experts, government officials and policymakers, leaders from the technology, financial and industrial communities – and energy technology innovators.
CERAWeek 2020 will be held March 9-13 at the Hilton Americas Hotel in Houston, Texas. Further information and delegate registration is available at www.ceraweek.com.
Media registration is now open. Members of the media interested in covering CERAWeek 2020 are required to apply for accreditation. Applications can be submitted via the following link: https://bit.ly/2LoeSGU.
About IHS Markit (www.ihsmarkit.com)
IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 business and government customers, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world’s leading financial institutions. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit is a registered trademark of IHS Markit Ltd. and/or its affiliates. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners © 2020 IHS Markit Ltd. All rights reserved.
+1 202 463 8213
+1 303 858 6417