Downtown Road Closures This Weekend
This weekend is Springtime Tallahassee, which means that residents and visitors alike will be buzzing around downtown Tallahassee enjoying food, family and fun. An expected crowd of more than 150,000 people will join in celebrating the event’s 50th anniversary.
The weekend fun begins on Friday night, April 6, at the music festival on Kleman Plaza, which is free and open to the public. Tobacco Rd Band will get the event rocking. Parmalee goes on stage at 7:30 p.m., and headliner Scotty McCreery begins his set at 9 p.m.
The festivities rev into high gear on Saturday, April 7, with the annual Springtime Tallahassee 10K, Grand Parade and Jubilee in the Park. There will also be a kids’ area in E. Peck Greene Park where your young ones can enjoy face painting, pony rides and a host of other magical experiences. During the parade on Saturday, look for a variety of entries from various City departments, including City leadership on the bright red trolley.
The celebration of springtime will cause impacts to traffic. Motorists are reminded to allot extra time for their travels in the heart of the Capital City this weekend. Below are the planned road closures.
Thursday, April 5
- 6-9:30 p.m. for Springtime Float Goat
- Oakland Avenue between S. Gadsden Street and S. Monroe Street
- S. Gadsden Street between E. Van Buren Street and Oakland Avenue (no southbound traffic)
Friday, April 6
- 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. for Springtime Tallahassee Music Festival on Kleman Plaza
- Duval Street between Madison Street and College Avenue
- Pensacola Street between Adams/Jefferson streets and Bronough Street
Saturday, April 7
- 5 a.m. on April 6 through 7 p.m. on April 7 for the Downtown Jubilee
- Adams Street between Pensacola Street and Call Street
- College Avenue between Monroe Street and Bronough Street
- Park Avenue between Monroe Street and Bronough Street
- Duval Street between Pensacola Street and Call Street
- Jefferson Street between Monroe Street and Adams Street
6:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. for Parade Staging Area
- First Avenue eastbound at Duval Street
- Thomasville Road between Monroe Street and Seventh Avenue
- Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Seventh avenues between Adams Street and Thomasville Road
6:30-10:30 a.m. for Springtime Tallahassee 10K
- Monroe Street between Apalachee Parkway and Seventh Avenue
- Call Street, Franklin Boulevard, Lafayette Street and various roads surrounding the Capital City Country Club and within the Myers Park and Woodland Drive neighborhoods will have staggered closures during the race.
9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. for Parade Route
- Monroe Street between Gaines Street and Seventh Avenue
- Jefferson Street, College Avenue, Park Avenue, Call Street, Virginia Street, Carolina Street, Georgia Street, Brevard Street and Tennessee Street between Adams Street and Calhoun Street
- Madison Street between Macomb Street and Monroe Street