Ogden, UT — Itâ€™s time to build birdhouses! Stoke your creativity and bring in your finest, hand-built birdhouse creation to The Ogden Nature Centerâ€™s 18th Annual Birdhouse Competition and Exhibit. All types of birdhouses are encouraged: whimsical, beautiful, practical, functional, artistic or magical! Entries must be received by Saturday, April 2 at the Ogden Nature Center. All ages are welcome to enter up to two creations, and there is no entry fee. Several cash prizes will be awarded for various categories.
Birdhouses chosen for the exhibit will be on display along Birdhouse Trail April 16 through August 31, 2011 so visitors to the Nature Center can enjoy and be inspired by these backyard habitats for birds.
- All birdhouses must be original works created by the exhibitor. Commercially produced birdhouses or assembled kits will not be accepted.
- Size limitations: The base of the birdhouse may not exceed 24″ square. The height of the birdhouse may not exceed 36″ tall.
- No propane tanks this year.
- All birdhouses must be freestanding and ready for installation outdoors. Birdhouses that are not freestanding will not be accepted for the exhibit. You must perch your birdhouse on the end of a sturdy post or attach a strong hanger. Posts will be installed at a depth of 1-2 feet.
- The Nature Center encourages the use of natural, reclaimed and recycled materials. Please consider the environment when choosing your materials and finishes.
- Please be sure your birdhouse can last through the summer weather outdoors.
- The event judges will select which birdhouses are accepted into the 2011 exhibit. A limited number of entries will be accepted for the exhibit.
- The Ogden Nature Center reserves the right to refuse submissions.
Winners in both adult and child categories will receive cash awards at a reception and awards presentation on Wednesday, April 13 at 5:30 pm.
This exhibit would not be possible without its main sponsors: the Utah Arts Council and the National Endowment for the Arts.
Registration forms and full details are available online at www.ogdennaturecenter.org/birdhouse or at the Ogden Nature Centerâ€™s Visitor Center guest services desk, 966 W. 12th Street, Ogden, UT 84404. For more information, please call the Ogden Nature Center at 801-621-7595.
12total visits,1visits today