It’s beginning to look a lot like… well, you know! December has so much to offer. Get in the holiday spirit by attending one or more of the following events.
- River of Lights – this holiday tradition featuring hundreds of light displays will sparkle at the BioPark Botanic Garden daily (with the exception of Dec. 24 and 25) from 6-9:30 p.m.
- Old Town Holiday Stroll – shop Old Town’s 150 stores and galleries and enjoy a special tree lighting ceremony at 6:15 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 2.
- Twinkle Light Parade – nominated for USA TODAY’s 10Best Holiday Parades, the Twinkle Light Parade shines on a mile-stretch of Nob Hill at 5:15 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3. There’s still time to vote: http://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-holiday-parade/
- The Nutcracker – Everyone’s favorite holiday classic returns to the KiMo Theatre with seven public performances and five student matinees. Check www.kimotickets.com for dates and times.
- Get a brief history of holiday music by local entertainer Andy Mason at the Taylor Ranch Library at 3 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 11.
- Manhattan on the Mesa – Usher in the New Year on New York City time with a an elegant, sophisticated evening of fun and celebration at the Balloon Museum on Saturday, Dec. 31. You’ll get home in time to ring in the New Year on New Mexico time.