(Austin)— Austin Water will honor 36 commercial and industrial water customers for excellence in pretreatment of wastewater, for outstanding water protection efforts, excellence in water conservation and excellence in environmental operations. Honorees will be recognized during the 26th Annual Awards Ceremony on Friday, April 27, 2018, at 11:30 a.m. at the Asian American Resource Center at 8401 Cameron Road, Austin, TX 78754.
The following honorees have achieved excellence in protecting the environment by controlling the quality and quantity of their discharges into Austin’s wastewater system:
Excellence in Wastewater Pretreatment for 11 Consecutive Years
- AI Industries
Excellence in Wastewater Pretreatment for 9 Consecutive Years
- City of Austin, Austin Resource Recovery, Mabel Davis
Excellence in Wastewater Pretreatment for 6 Consecutive Years
- Samsung Austin Semiconductor
Excellence in Wastewater Pretreatment for 4 Consecutive Years
- City of Austin, Austin Resource Recovery, FM 812 Landfill
- Novati Technologies, Inc.
- NXP USA, Inc. – Ed Bluestein
- Spansion LLC
- XBiotech USA, Inc. R&D
Excellence in Wastewater Pretreatment for 3 Consecutive Years
- Austin Bergstrom International Airport
- Commemorative Brands, Inc.
- NXP USA, Inc. – Oak Hill
- Stellarray, Inc.
- TLMI Corporation
- UniFirst Corporation
- University of Texas – J.J. Pickle Research Campus
- University of Texas – Main Campus
- Xeris Pharmaceuticals
Excellence in Wastewater Pretreatment, 2 Years
- HID Global
- Pure Castings Company
- SACHEM, Inc.
- Sundance Metal Fabricators
Excellence in Wastewater Pretreatment for 1 Year
- Brooks Industrial Coatings
- DJO Surgical
- ICU Medical Fleet Services, LLC
- Superconductor Technologies, Inc.
- Travis County TNR
- Wastewater Residuals Management, LLC
The following honorees have achieved excellence in protecting public health and safety through backflow prevention, cross connection control, and private fire hydrant maintenance:
Excellence in Water Protection
- Airco Mechanical
- City of Austin, Development Services Department
- UA Local 286 Plumbers & Pipefitters
- AAA Backflow Testing
The following honorees have achieved excellence in protecting the environment by conserving Austin’s water:
Excellence in Water Conservation
- BAE Systems, Inc. – Austin
- Austin Independent School District Performing Arts Center
- Gables Park Tower
- H-E-B at Mueller
The following honorees have achieved excellence in best management practices, pollution prevention and environmental and environmental safety performance:
- City of Austin, Austin Water, Davis Water Treatment Plant
For information about industrial pretreatment, water protection and environmental operations, visit http://www.austintexas.gov/department/special-services-division-ssd or contact Austin Water – Special Services Division at 512-972-1060.
For information about water conservation, visit http://www.waterwiseaustin.org or contact the Water Conservation Division at 512-974-2199.