The Boise City Council, all alumni of Boise State University, will be honored at the 12th Boise State University Alumni Association Distinguished Alumni Awards Gala on Nov. 2. This Homecoming celebration honors extraordinary alumni who exemplify the loyalty, passion and innovation of dedicated Broncos. The honorees also will be recognized at halftime of the Homecoming football game on Nov. 3 when the Broncos meet the BYU Cougars in Albertsons Stadium.
"Boise State University and the City of Boise’s longstanding partnership on improving the lives of Treasure Valley citizens makes it fitting that the council, all Boise State alumni, receive this distinguished honor," said Lisa Gardner, executive director of the Boise State Alumni Association. "Each of these six recipients demonstrates loyalty, passion and innovation in their respective careers, as Broncos, and as members of the Boise City Council."
The Distinguished Alumni Awards honor those with outstanding professional and personal accomplishments within their chosen profession. This year’s honorees are:
- Elaine Clegg, ’97, BA in art – Clegg has served on the council since 2003. She currently holds the position of council president pro tem. Clegg also works for Idaho Smart Growth where she specializes in providing community assistance by working with more than 20 Idaho communities.
- Scot Ludwig, ’82, BBA in performance management – Ludwig has served on the council since 2015. He is the founder of Ludwig Shoufleer Miller Johnson, LLP, and also serves as managing partner of Broad Street Properties, LLC, a downtown development company.
- Lauren McLean, ’02, MPA in environmental policy – McLean has served on the council since 2011. She runs a small business and serves on the Dean’s Council for the Boise State University School of Public Service.
- Lisa Sanchez, ’07, BA in communications – Sanchez has served on the council since January 2018. Sanchez previously worked at the Human Rights Commission in the past, but is now case coordinator/paralegal with the Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program, part of the Idaho State Bar and Idaho Law Foundation.
- TJ Thomson, ’00, B.S. in political science – Thomson has served on the council since 2009. An Air Force veteran, Thomson also is a certified internal auditor and has worked for Idaho Power Company for a number of years where he currently serves as a regulatory compliance senior technical advisor.
- Holli Woodings, ’07, B.A. in English – Woodings has served on the council since January 2018. She also served as a state representative for District 19 in Idaho’s 72nd Legislature. She is the founder of Woodings Group, a consultancy specializing in startup energy companies.