Today we are surrounded by economic threats from those who believe the road to prosperity is based on envy and theft, in other words, forced redistribution of wealth. As these vast economic threats proliferate and grow they eat an ever larger portion of the taxpayer's personal net worth and the country's resources. As a result of the growth of this destructive belief system the need of the country for modern Noahs grows. Just like the Noah of the bible, everyone should be a warning voice to their neighbor about the dangers of socialism, statism, and forced redistribution of wealth. Everyone who understands how the tenets of Marxism, socialism and fascism (all different brands of the same tyranny) threaten individual and collective economic security should be building their own arks, their own sanctuary against the economic storm ahead.
All one need do is look at the fruits of socialism in China (socialist communists), Russia (socialist communists), Germany (the National Socialists or NAZI of WWII), Cambodia, Vietnam, and more recently, Greece, Spain, France, Ireland, Italy, and Portugal. Bankruptcy and/or genocide are the children of socialism. Be not deceived, God will not be mocked. Whatever we sow we will reap. (see: Galatians 6: 6-7).
The biblical story of the prophet Noah applies well to our day and age. Our day is a time when the masses have itching ears gathering teachers of lies to them. Masses of Americans wish to believe they never have to mature, that they can indefinitely feed off the harvest of the work of others, and that there will be no negative consequences for doing so. They do not wish to expend the effort to become self reliant as our forefathers did, a practice that once made America the wealthiest nation on earth. There was a time when children were expected to become adults, not remain dependent indefinitely. Dependence creates weakness in the individual and the nation (see: https://www.area-info.net/articles/show.php?cty=Salt%20Lake%20City&st=Utah&article_id=1137)
Today, our nation is bankrupt. American government, business, Banks, insurance companies (AIG) and families often survive using borrowed and/or stolen money (money stolen or defrauded from others via massive socialist redistribution of wealth programs and outright bailout schemes which are pure theft). The socialist masses receive a constant cornucopia of unearned benefits. They feel entitled to this largesse and expect it will continue indefinitely. They believe "the rich" can afford it. Of course they do not deserve their plunder any more than any other thief deserves his plunder, and the plunder cannot continue indefinitely. Eventually they will run out of other peoples' money. Meanwhile, they will grow weaker and more dependent so that when economic depression hits they will be the least able to survive. Then we will see the thieves of the world turn on each other, fighting over the plunder. The wicked will destroy the wicked.
The truth is, the socialists, progressives, RINOs,and liberals have bankrupted the nation. Their parasitic behavior is also destroying the value of the currency and driving price hikes throughout the economy. Those who understand the disastrous effects of these parasitic practices must warn and educate all their neighbors if the situation is to be turned around. Noah had the courage to warn his neighbors even when they ridiculed him for believing that disaster was coming. He fulfilled his responsibility. That is one of our responsibilities today, to warn our neighbor of the impending doom of institutionalized socialist tyranny. The destructive flood of Socialist Democracy is already here.
At the same time that we warn our neighbors of the folly of the course our nation is pursuing, we must, as Noah did, prepare our family's ark. There are many things you can do to prepare a sanctuary. Here are just a few of them. You may list many more. It is prudent to be anxiously engaged in preparation. If you are prepared you will not fear as much as those who are not. Preparations for economic disaster may include but are not limited to:
1) Get out of debt. (see: https://www.area-info.net/articles/show.php?cty=Providence&st=Utah&article_id=827)
2) Downsize your lifestyle. Live modestly. Share with others.
3) Prepare a food storage plan. (see: http://www.lds.org/family/family-well-being/home-storage?lang=eng)
4) Store needed items, those items you use daily. This may include medicines, toothpaste, toilet paper, soap, gasoline, tools, and a thousand other items that you may wish you had stockpiled in the face of emergency.
5) Learn what inflation is and how through currency destruction it causes economic depressions. Buy a store of historic money, gold and silver, if only as an inflation insurance (see: https://www.area-info.net/articles/show.php?cty=Logan&st=Utah&article_id=760)
6) Prepare your family financially, spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically for the tough economic situation ahead. Teach them the principals of preparedness. (see: http://www.lds.org/topic/self-reliance/ and http://www.lds.org/family/family-well-being/finances?lang=eng)
7) Network with like minded people. Create a trading coop.
8) Consider starting a business that serves basic human needs. For instance, a friend of mine raises bees and produces honey. It's a home based business that will thrive in tough economic times.
9) Teach those you know who are young and healthy, but dependent about the glory of self reliance. Teach them how to become self reliant and how to end their dependence. Help them learn to become employed or self employed.
10) Defend the Constitution and the LIMITED Republic it formed. Resist the establishment of unlimited government.
I urge you to commit today to become a modern day Noah and warn your family and your neighbors about the dangers of statism, globalism, socialism, covetousness, and theft or forced redistribution of wealth. While you're at it, don't forget to build your family's ark, a sanctuary from the economic destruction ahead if Americans don't repent from their growing collectivist tyranny.
Investing in stocks, real estate, and precious metals is risky and could result in losing money. I am offering ideas for your consideration and education. I am not offering financial advice. Please do your own due diligence. I am not an investment adviser. Precious metals is not for everyone. I promote precious metals. You should do your own due diligence when making investment decisions of any kind. You should consult your own financial advisers before making any investment decision. I make no guarantees that by following any advice or suggestion I might make that you will realize any return. Beware, all commodity markets and other markets carry risk of loss.