*Note – WE HAVE ADDED AN OPENER to this concert.
Ogden, UT — Outdoor concerts at the Ogden Nature Center combine an unrivaled outdoor setting with fresh, talented musicians! Held in the glen behind the Ogden Nature Center’s rustic Visitor Center, these summer evenings will find you lounging on a picnic blanket, toes in the grass, sunset in the late summer sky, tapping away to some amazing, live music.
Bring your family and friends, a picnic dinner, drinks, low-rise chairs or a blanket, and enjoy an outdoor concert at the Ogden Nature Center.
The Waifs / August 13, 7 pm
Ticket prices: $22 adults / $12 children (12 years and under)
Listen at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_emz0o638PQ&index=1&list=RDHCCibYIEP6XHQ
Beloved Australian folk rock band, The Waifs are returning to North America with a 5-piece sound that’s better than ever. A trip that began in a van in 1992, with the three troubadours playing gigs anywhere in Australia that would have them, has led The Waifs to multiple ARIA awards, platinum albums and successful tours across the world, including opening for Bob Dylan in North America and Australia in 2003.
The hard yards in those early days paid off in terms of their career, but also bound the three of them together as friends. The stripped down, cohesive return to their original sound in their sixth studio album release, “Temptation” (2011), demonstrates that for these old friends, true chemistry never fades.
"There's no danger of mistaking The Waifs' broad Strive for anything less than Aussie, as the Simpson sisters deliver tales of home and heartland – and of missing them – over the infectious amalgam of country, roots, and folk. At this point, listeners see the essential connection – between the band as players, and the band and audience, which is the source of the Waifs' success." — Rolling Stone
BONUS JUST ADDED – Opening for The Waifs
Jay William Henderson, 7 pm – just before The Waifs
Hometown: Salt Lake City
With a voice suited for his recent Nashville move, Jay William Henderson developed a strong following in Utah. The former Band of Annuals songwriter just released the beautiful Hymns to My Amnesia, which kicks off with the haunting “Marrow in the Morrow,” a beautiful introduction to his hearty voice and subtle, classy arrangements.
Listen to Jay William Henderson and see more info. at http://jaywilliamhenderson.bandcamp.com/album/hymns-to-my-amnesia
Tickets may be purchased online at http://www.ogdennaturecenter.org/news-and-special-events/item/185-outdoor-summer-concerts by phone at 801-621-7595, or in person at the Ogden Nature Center, 966 W. 12th Street, Ogden.
• Concerts begin at 7 pm, with gates opening at 6 pm.
• Seating is general admission on the lawn. Bring your own low-rise chairs, picnics, beverages and blankets — they are all welcome.
• The concerts will be held rain or shine and tickets are nonrefundable.
Box picnic dinners by Union Grill may be ordered when you purchase concert tickets! $11 each
Orders must be placed by Tuesday, August 11 at 3 pm.
1. Chicken Cucumber pasta salad. Roasted chicken breast, cucumbers and garden veggies served over pasta with a light tangy dressing. Served with chips and a homemade cookie
2. Tomato and Mozzarella Sandwich on homemade focaccia with balsamic reduction, a side of vegetarian pasta salad, chips, and a homemade cookie
3. Classic Caesar salad. Crisp romaine, croutons, tossed with a creamy Caesar dressing, topped with shaved Parmesan cheese and fresh tomatoes with chicken on the side, served with chips and a homemade cookie
4. Turkey, Bacon and Avocado sandwich on whole wheat bread with a side of pasta salad, chips, and a homemade cookie
Special thanks to the following organizations for making the Ogden Nature Center Summer Concerts possible: Weber County RAMP, James & Co., Autoliv, Courtyard Marriott, Joan Evans Ahlf, Only In Ogden and Zions Bank.
14total visits,1visits today