The Asia Pacific Insulin Market is expected to reach USD 15.04 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing regional prevalence of diabetes, increasing market penetration rates of modern insulin products in emerging markets such as India and China is expected to drive market growth during the forecast period. Furthermore, patent expiration of key products such as Lantus is expected to trigger the manufacturing of biosimilars from local manufacturers such as Biocon.
Long acting analog dominated the overall market in terms of revenue share in 2013, with revenue estimated at USD 2,051.9 million. High prices coupled with relatively higher efficacies exhibited by these products account for its large share. Rapid acting analogs followed the long acting segment in 2013 accounting for a revenue share of over 25.0% on account of their high market penetration rates in developed markets such as Australia and Japan.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The analogs source segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2013 was valued at USD 3,441.7 million. Growing demand for analogs in emerging markets with high unmet medical needs such as China and India is one of the major factors attributing to its large share.
- Japan, on behalf of its sophisticated healthcare infrastructure, high patient awareness and disposable income levels dominated the market in 2013 with a revenue share of over 38.0%.
- China on the other hand is expected to register the highest CAGR of 21.1% during the forecast period owing to the growing prevalence of type I and type diabetes and the expected decline in insulin prices as a result of continued initiatives to improve healthcare access.
- The Asia Pacific insulin market is oligopolistic in nature and is dominated by three key players including Novo Nordisk, Eli Lilly and Sanofi Aventis.
Grand View Research has segmented the Asia Pacific Insulin market on the basis of product, application, source and region:
Insulin Product Outlook
- Rapid acting
- Long acting
- Premixed analog
- Short acting
- Intermediate acting
Insulin Application Outlook
- Type I and Other Diabetes
- Type II Diabetes
Insulin Source Outlook
- Human Recombinant
Insulin Regional Outlook
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, the company offers market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries including technology, chemicals, materials, healthcare and energy.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Phone: 1-415- 349-0058
Toll Free: 1-888- 202-9519
For More Information: https://www.grandviewresearch.com