NEW ORLEANS – The NOPD has arrested Cecil Bonnee (DOB: 09-04-1991) and Robert Clark (DOB: 06-20-1988) in connection with numerous auto and residential burglaries that have recently occurred in both the Second and Third districts between October 14 and Oct. 20, 2018.
During this time frame, the Second District received reports of 30 auto burglaries. Due to the above average number, Second District detectives, Task Force members and district platoons began an aggressive campaign to track down all leads and increase patrols in an effort to identify and locate those responsible. Through the continued investigation, detectives found the same two subjects were observed in numerous videos that were obtained by Second District officers of auto burglary incidents.
On October 24, Second District officers received a tip through Crimestoppers and to the NOPD through a citizen phone call with information as to the identities and location of two suspects, identified as Bonnee and Jaylon Williams (DOB: 11-23-1996). NOPD First District officers located and arrested Bonnee, while Williams remains at large and is wanted in connection with this investigation. Williams is described as a black male standing about 5’5” and weighing about 140 pounds. A photo of Williams is included with this release.
The auto burglary incidents included in this investigation occurred in the following areas of the Second District, as well as two incidents in the Third District
- 4200 block of South Derbigny Street
- 2200 block of Pine Street
- 3100 block of Audubon Street
- 7900 block of Zimpel Street
- Intersection of Lowerline Street and North Claiborne Avenue
- 7800 block of Freret Street
- 4500 block of Pitt Street
- 0 block of Newcomb Boulevard
- Intersection of Upperline and Chestnut streets
- Intersection of Chestnut and Lyons street
- 1000 block of Soniat Street
- 6000 block of Annunciation Street
- 4400 block of South Roman Street
- 5200 block of Camp Street
- 4800 block of Laurel Street
- 600 block of Audubon Street
- 7800 block of Willow Street
- 60 block of Versailles Bouleard
- 700 block of Walmsley Avenue
- 400 block of Audubon Boulevard
- 1600 block of Lowerline Street
- 4500 block of South Johnston Street
- 2500 block of Lowerline Street
- 600 block of North Hennessey Street, in the Third District
- 900 block of North Carrollton Avenue, in the Third District
Out of the aforementioned initial 30 auto burglaries reported in the Second District, Bonnee and Williams are believed to be responsible for at least 23 of the incidents, as well as an additional auto burglary that occurred on September 14, 2018, in the 2500 block of Lowerline Street. In addition, detectives also identified Bonnee and Williams as perpetrators of two residential burglaries – one in the 200 block of Audubon Street and another in the 7500 block of Jeanette Street – and an auto theft in the 7500 block of Jeanette Street
Also arrested on unrelated charges was Robert Clark (DOB: 06-20-1988). Second District patrol officers arrested Clark on Oct. 23 for two counts of auto burglary, moments after the burglary incidents occurred. Clark was booked accordingly into the Orleans Parish Justice Center. He is not believed to be involved in the incidents for which Bonnee and Williams have been connected.
Anyone with information regarding these incidents or the whereabouts of Jaylon Williams is asked to contact NOPD Second District detectives at 504-658-6020 or call anonymously to Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111 or toll-free at 1-877-903-STOP.