The Downtown Ambassadors continue to make an impact on hospitality and safety in the central business district.
Downtown Fort Worth Inc. (DFWI) added Downtown Ambassadors to the services provided by the Downtown Public Improvement District (PID). The Ambassadors circulate throughout downtown in their vibrant green pickup, on foot, on bicycles and on Segways to help visitors, create a friendly and welcoming environment and add extra eyes and ears on the street.
Between April and June of this year, the ambassadors:
- Made 1,223 business contacts.
- Reported 679 cases of graffiti and stickers.
- Provided hospitality assists to 9,959 residents and visitors.
- Provided 39 safety escorts.
- Reached out to homeless people 747 times.
- Assisted motorists 65 times.
To fund the program, the City Council last September approved a downtown PID assessment rate increase from 10 cents per $100 of value on taxable downtown properties to 12.5 cents. DFWI manages the PID and has been working with downtown property owners for nearly a year to develop this new program.
The crew is on duty downtown from 7 a.m.-midnight, seven days a week. Contact the on-duty supervisor at 817-484-3723.