Austin Independent School District, Austin Community College, the City of Austin, and Travis County will all begin operations with a delayed start time tomorrow, Monday, August 28, 2017. The University of Texas will operate on a normal schedule.
- All Austin ISD classes, activities and operations — including all bus routes — are delayed two hours Monday, Aug. 28.
- All classes and activities scheduled before 10:00 a.m. at Austin Community College will be cancelled. All buildings and facilities will open at 10 a.m.
- City of Austin facilities will open at 10:00 a.m. This will include all libraries, parks and recreation facilities, municipal court, downtown community court and all other administrative offices.
- Travis County facilities will also open at 10 a.m. All cases at the Travis County Court scheduled before 10:00 a.m. will be shifted to begin once the courts are open. All administrative facilities will also open at 10 a.m.
- All classes and activities at the University of Texas at Austin remain on schedule.
- Representatives from all agencies will be monitoring the weather conditions overnight. Should they deteriorate, further information will be provided.
The Austin-Travis County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) remains active and is monitoring the conditions from Tropical Storm Harvey. The most current information about Harvey impacts in Austin will be posted at austintexas.gov/help. Media with questions about response or sheltering for Harvey should call the 24-hour EOC media line: 512-974-0699.