Aging Partners Director Randall S. Jones today announced that the agency will reopen its central kitchen facility beginning June 1. The kitchen is located at the Downtown Senior Center, 1005 “O” St., and will serve Aging Partners’ 10 senior centers in Lincoln and Lancaster County.
“We are eager to provide our consumers with the same quality food they remember from our centrally-operated kitchen,” Jones said. “We decided that it was in the best interest of our consumers to return to a food model they were accustomed to, and we are excited to get back to using our recipes to prepare their favorite meals.”
Aging Partners’ Senior Centers provide opportunities for seniors to receive a nutritious meal, socialize with others and enjoy activities, and Jones said those are important elements of health for local seniors. Funding for the meal program and senior centers is provided by the City of Lincoln, Lancaster County, State of Nebraska, the Older Americans Act and the USDA.
Aging Partners Senior Centers are open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., except for the Northeast Center, which is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The locations and days of operation are as follows:
- Asian Center, 144 N. 44th St., Suite A, open Wednesdays
- Belmont Senior Center (in Belmont Recreation Center), 1234 Judson St., open Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Bennet Senior Center (in American Legion Hall), 970 Monroe St., open Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Downtown Senior Center, 1005 “O” St., open Monday through Friday.
- Firth Senior Center (in Firth Community Center), 311 Nemaha St., open Mondays
- Hickman Senior Center (in Presbyterian Church), 300 E. 3rd St., open Wednesdays
- JoAnn Maxey Senior Center (in Malone Community Center), 2032 “U” St., open Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Lake Street Senior Center (in St. James United Methodist), 2400 S. 11th St., open Monday through Friday.
- Northeast Senior Center, 6310 Platte Ave., open Monday through Friday.
- Waverly Senior Center (in First United Methodist), 14410 Folkestone St., open Fridays
For more information on Aging Partners, call 402-441-7070 or visit aging.lincoln.ne.gov.