In accordance with Governor JB Pritzker’s Executive Orders 2020-07 and 2020-39 stated that provisions of the Open Meetings Act are suspended to include allowing members of a public body to be physically present during a meeting; as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommendation of social distancing of at least six feet between persons; City Hall is only open to the public with capacity and social distancing restrictions Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To fulfill the requirements and recommendations and to comply with the Open Meetings Act for the Advisory Committee on Police Community Relations that meets at 5:30 p.m., the public may email comments, no more than 75 words, to [email protected] by 4:30 PM, July 8, 2020. The notice and agenda are posted on the City website.
NOTICE & AGENDA
ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON POLICE COMMUNITY RELATIONS
THURSDAY * JULY 9, 2020 * 5:30 PM
MEETING TO BE HELD REMOTELY VIA ZOOM
- Approval of minutes
- Roll Call
- Welcome and wellness check of committee members
- Unfinished business
- Collaborate a 12-month planner of activities for the committee
- PCAV (continuation)
- Visit from the Department of Justice
- Hiring process suggestions
- New business
- Format of meetings moving forward – time allotted for discussion, request for agenda items, etc.
- Complaint policy procedure
- Review complaints as a committee or sub-committee
- What does our procedure look like? We need to outline and solidify our framework to ensure we are prepared and consistent to field complaints.
- Mock complaint exercise for August meeting
- General police update (pending or current citizen complaints, notable stats the committee should be briefed on)
- Citizens’ opportunity to address the committee
- Items for the good of the cause
Posted: July 6, 2020
Post until: July 10, 2020