Whether you have a family full of thrill-seekers, history buffs or art lovers, New Orleans has something for everyone.
The following are just a few of the exciting activities that you and your family can enjoy on a trip to New Orleans.
* At the world-class Audubon Zoo, you can go on an African “safari,” watch wild animals or hold a butterfly on the tip of your finger.
* The Aquarium of the Americas is a stunning display of sea life. Here visitors can tour a rain forest, watch penguins play or visit an aquatic petting zoo. Another great exhibit, “Frogs,” has 30 different species of frogs from all corners of the world.
* The Louisiana Children’s Museum is full of science, art and educational fun for children up to age 12. Kids will find hands-on exhibits that will expand their minds and bring laughter to their hearts.
* The historic French Quarter features the Cabildo, the state’s most important historical building. Owned by the Louisiana State Museum, this is where the Louisiana Purchase was signed. The site houses intriguing historical artifacts, such as Napoleon’s death mask. Walk or take a horse-drawn carriage through the French Quarter and experience the art, architecture and history that make this neighborhood unique.
* If thrill rides are on your family’s wish list, spend a day at Six Flags New Orleans, the country’s newest theme park. The 140-acre site has 31 rides, including the SpongeBob SquarePants ride, high-quality family attractions, live shows and scrumptious food.
* For an unforgettable adventure, take your kids on a Swamp Tour, where alligators swim right up to your boat. While gliding through the swamps, you also will see a unique ecosystem and learn the importance of the coastal wetlands.
* During downtime, ride the new Canal Streetcar. The bright red streetcar is air-conditioned, handicapped accessible and rumbles all the way from the Mississippi River to City Park.
Share your reviews of New Orleans restaurants and other activities available to travelers to this southern city on Area-Info.net where you write the news, opinions, reviews and events.