LAS VEGAS, Nev. Sept. 20, 2018. Have you thought about using professional assistance planning your next vacation? You’re not alone.
According to new research from AAA Travel, three-quarters of Americans (75 percent) would consider working with a travel agent to plan their next vacation, while 27 million travelers plan to do so in the next year. Despite the ability to book their own vacations online, younger travelers are also embracing the expertise of travel agents, with AAA finding tech savvy millennials to be just as likely as baby boomers to use a travel agent to plan an upcoming trip.
“Although travelers today have myriad ways in which to book their vacations, many recognize the value of working with an experienced travel professional,” said Michael Blasky, spokesperson for AAA Nevada. “Travel agents can help travelers find the best deals, secure upgrades and arrange special activities and experiences.”
Whether the destination is close to home or across the globe, working with a travel agent can help consumers make smarter travel plans and reap other benefits too:
- Saving time. Travel agents take the guesswork out of researching and evaluating available options, saving time and avoiding hassles.
- Expert recommendations. A knowledgeable travel agent will make personalized recommendations and offer tips on destinations, what to see and do while on vacation, the best and worst times to travel, and much more.
- They’ve been there and done that. Travel agents have often visited the destinations they recommend.
- Reducing stress. Travel agents can make things easier by helping with everything from passport renewal requirements to recommendations for obtaining an International Driving Permit for overseas vacations.
- Help with the unexpected. Between weather delays, natural disasters, flight cancellations, lost luggage and much more, a lot can happen on vacation. Travel agents act as an advocate if something goes wrong, helping navigate any necessary itinerary changes.
“While you may be able to find deals your own, a travel agent can help find special rates and experiences not advertised to the public,” Blasky said. “A knowledgeable travel agent can be your greatest ally when it comes to planning your next adventure.”
AAA’s research findings are the result of a telephone survey (landline and cell phone) consisting of 1,002 adults living in the continental United States. Interviewing for this survey was conducted August 23-26, 2018. This study has an average statistical error of ±3.1 percent at the 95 percent confidence level for all U.S. adults.
AAA is a full-service travel agency. For more details on the variety of travel services offered by AAA, visit aaa.com/travel.
About AAA Nevada
We are more than our legendary fleet of tow trucks, auto, home, life insurance and travel services. Our mission is to make a positive impact in the communities we serve, offering smarter solutions that improve traffic safety and helping the public adapt to a fast-changing mobility landscape. Learn more at AAA.com.