13 Things To See and Do In Salt Lake City Utah
April 2, 2023
Salt Lake City, Utah is a vibrant and exciting destination with plenty of things to see and do. Whether you’re interested in exploring the city’s rich history, enjoying outdoor activities, or indulging in its thriving arts and culture scene, there is something for everyone. Here are thirteen of the best things to do in Salt Lake City.
- Visit Temple Square – Temple Square is the heart of Salt Lake City and is home to the world-famous Salt Lake Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The square is also home to several other historic buildings and landmarks, including the Tabernacle and the Assembly Hall.
- Explore the Utah State Capitol – The Utah State Capitol is a stunning neoclassical building that overlooks Salt Lake City. Visitors can take a tour of the building and learn about Utah’s history and government.
- Hike in the Wasatch Mountains – The Wasatch Mountains are just a short drive from Salt Lake City and offer some of the best hiking trails in the country. Whether you’re a seasoned hiker or a beginner, there is a trail for every skill level.
- Visit the Natural History Museum of Utah – The Natural History Museum of Utah is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in science and nature. The museum features exhibits on Utah’s unique geology, paleontology, and biology.
- See a show at the Eccles Theater – The Eccles Theater is Salt Lake City’s premier performing arts venue and hosts a wide range of shows, from Broadway productions to local performances.
- Tour the Utah Olympic Park – The Utah Olympic Park was built for the 2002 Winter Olympics and is now open to the public for tours and activities. Visitors can try their hand at bobsledding, zip-lining, and other Olympic-inspired sports.
- Visit the Clark Planetarium – The Clark Planetarium is a great destination for families and anyone interested in astronomy. The planetarium features interactive exhibits, a dome theater, and a telescope viewing area.
- Explore the Red Butte Garden and Arboretum – The Red Butte Garden and Arboretum is a 100-acre botanical garden that features over 21,000 plants from around the world. The garden also hosts a variety of events, such as outdoor concerts and festivals.
- Go skiing or snowboarding – Salt Lake City is known for its world-class ski resorts, including Snowbird, Alta, Deer Valley and Park City. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, there is a ski resort for every skill level.
- Visit the Utah Museum of Fine Arts – The Utah Museum of Fine Arts features a collection of over 20,000 works of art from around the world. The museum also hosts rotating exhibits and events.
- Explore the Great Salt Lake – The Great Salt Lake is a unique natural wonder and the largest saltwater lake in the Western Hemisphere. Visitors can take a dip in the lake, go boating, or explore the surrounding wetlands.
- Shop at the City Creek Center – The City Creek Center is a premier shopping destination in Salt Lake City and features over 100 stores, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- Visit the Tracy Aviary – The Tracy Aviary is a bird sanctuary that features over 400 birds from around the world. Visitors can take a tour of the aviary and learn about the different species of birds.
Remember, Salt Lake City offers a wealth of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Whether you’re interested in exploring the city’s rich history, enjoying outdoor activities, or indulging in its thriving arts and culture scene, there is something for everyone. So, next time you’re in Salt Lake City, be sure to check out one of these thirteen must-see destinations.