[tags las vegas,nevada,kentucky derby, gambling,wallethub}
With the 147th Kentucky Derby around the corner but in-person attendance limited by COVID-19, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released a pair of reports, one showcasing fun facts about the first leg of the Triple Crown and another analyzing which states have the biggest gambling problems, with accompanying videos.
Below are some highlights from each report.
2021 Kentucky Derby Facts & History:
- 30K – Number of attendees expected for the 2021 Kentucky Derby (at half capacity due to COVID-19).
- $122 Million – Ticket revenue loss during Derby Week in 2020.
- $126 Million – Total amount wagered on the 2020 Kentucky Derby (50% less than in 2019).
- $500 to $1,000 – Price of a high-end Kentucky Derby hat (90% of female spectators wear hats).
- $805 Million – Sales of thoroughbred horses in 2020 (down 26% from 2019).
For the full infographic, please visit: https://wallethub.com/blog/kentucky-derby-facts/20836
|Most Gambling-Addicted States
||Least Gambling-Addicted States
|3. South Dakota
||46. New Mexico
|7. New Jersey
|9. West Virginia
||49. North Carolina
To view the full report and your state’s rank, please visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-addicted-to-gambling/20846