Ogden, UT — Outdoor concerts at the Ogden Nature Center combine an unrivaled outdoor setting with fresh, talented musicians! Held in the glen behind the rustic Visitor Center, these summer evenings will find you lounging on a picnic blanket, toes in the grass, sunset in the late summer sky, tapping away to some amazing, live music. Bring your family and friends, a picnic dinner, drinks, low-rise chairs or a blanket, and enjoy an outdoor concert at the Ogden Nature Center.
The Barefoot Movement – June 9th, 7 pm
Tickets are $18 for adults / $10 for children 12 and under
At the door $20 for adults / $12 for children
The Ogden Nature Center welcomes The Barefoot Movement to Ogden in true O-town style! Heartfelt, energetic, and down home. Heralded as “one of the most promising bands on the bluegrass scene,” this Nashville based group is as down to earth as their intention. Sit back, relax, take your shoes off, and stay a while. All the worries and frustrations of the world melt away as this charming, acoustic band takes listeners back to a simpler place and time.
Listen to The Barefoot Movement at https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Kristin Andreassen & Friends –– August 11, 7 pm
Tickets are $16 for adults / $10 for children 12 and under
At the door $18 for adults / $12 for children
Kristin’s last performance at the Ogden Nature Center was a riot, so they’ve invited her back, and she’s bringing friends! Kristin Andreassen is a singer, a writer and a percussive dancer who combines those skills in musical performances that are both “inventive” (The New Yorker) and “haunting” (NPR’s Folk Alley). For this concert she’ll be joined by Rayna Gellert on fiddle and Jefferson Hamer on bass. With her 2015 studio album debut Gondolier, Kristin began touring under her own name. Her live show made Top 10 lists at Pop Matters and NPR’s Mountain Stage last year. A 5th generation Oregonian, Kristin currently resides in Nashville, Tennessee.
Listen to Kristin Andreassen & Friends at https://www.youtube.com/watch?
To purchase tickets:
• Online at www.ogdennaturecenter.org <http://www.ogdennaturecenter.
• By phone at 801-621-7595
• In person at the Ogden Nature Center, 966 W. 12th Street, Ogden
• Concerts begin at 7 pm, with gates opening at 6 pm.
• Seating is general admission on the lawn. Bring your own low-rise chairs, picnics, beverages and blankets — they are all welcome.
• The concerts will be held rain or shine and tickets are nonrefundable.
Box picnic dinners by Union Grill may be ordered when you purchase concert tickets! $11 each. Choices include:
1. Chicken Cucumber pasta salad. Roasted chicken breast, cucumbers and garden veggies served over pasta with a light tangy dressing. Served with chips and a homemade cookie
2. Tomato and Mozzarella Sandwich on homemade focaccia with balsamic reduction, a side of vegetarian pasta salad, chips, and a homemade cookie
3. Classic Caesar salad. Crisp romaine, croutons, tossed with a creamy Caesar dressing, topped with shaved Parmesan cheese and fresh tomatoes with chicken on the side, served with chips and a homemade cookie
4. Turkey, Bacon and Avocado sandwich on whole wheat bread with a side of pasta salad, chips, and a homemade cookie
Special thanks to the following organizations for making the Ogden Nature Center Summer Concerts possible: The Standard Examiner, Utah Division of Arts and Museums, Joan Evans Ahlf, Only In Ogden, Durham Jones & Pinegar, Teleperformance, Val A. Browning Foundation and Courtyard Marriott Ogden.