Ogden, UT — Outdoors and at the Ogden Nature Center, this event combines an unrivaled outdoor setting with talented folk rock musicians! Held in the glen behind the Ogden Nature Center’s rustic Visitor Center, this summer evening will find you lounging on a picnic blanket with toes in the grass, sunset in the distance, tapping away to great live music.
Bring your family and friends, a picnic dinner, drinks, low-rise chairs or a blanket, and enjoy a summer night at the Ogden Nature Center.
Ticket prices: $25 adults / $12 children (12 years and under)
Listen Link: The Waifs – Bridal Train <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k7OncTVHkI> <Listen%20Link:%20%20https:/[youtube http://youtube.com/w/?v=_emz0o638PQ&index=1&list=RDHCCibYIEP6XHQ%0D]>
Always a sell-out, the beloved Australian folk rock band, The Waifs are returning to the Ogden Nature Center with a 5-piece band that’s better than ever. A trip that began in a van in 1992, with the three troubadours playing gigs anywhere in Australia that would have them, has led The Waifs to multiple ARIA awards, platinum albums and successful tours across the world, including opening for Bob Dylan in North America and Australia in 2003.
The hard yards in those early days paid off in terms of their career, but also bound the three of them together as friends. The stripped down, cohesive return to their original sound in their sixth studio album release, “Temptation” (2011), demonstrates that for these old friends, true chemistry never fades.
"There’s no danger of mistaking The Waifs’ broad Strive for anything less than Aussie, as the Simpson sisters deliver tales of home and heartland – and of missing them – over the infectious amalgam of country, roots, and folk. At this point, listeners see the essential connection – between the band as players, and the band and audience, which is the source of the Waifs’ success." — Rolling Stone
• Concert begins at 7 pm, with gates opening at 6 pm.
• Seating is general admission on the lawn. Bring your own low-rise chairs, picnics, beverages and blankets.
• The concert will be held rain or shine and tickets are nonrefundable.
Box picnic dinners by Union Grill may be ordered when you purchase concert tickets! $11 each
Orders must be placed by Friday, July 26th at 3 pm.
1. Chicken Cucumber pasta salad. Roasted chicken breast, cucumbers and garden veggies served over pasta with a light tangy dressing. Served with chips and a homemade cookie
2. Tomato and Mozzarella Sandwich on homemade focaccia with balsamic reduction, a side of vegetarian pasta salad, chips, and a homemade cookie
3. Classic Caesar salad. Crisp romaine, croutons, tossed with a creamy Caesar dressing, topped with shaved Parmesan cheese and fresh tomatoes with chicken on the side, served with chips and a homemade cookie
4. Turkey, Bacon and Avocado sandwich on whole wheat bread with a side of pasta salad, chips, and a homemade cookie
Special thanks to the following organizations and individuals for making this summer concert possible: The Standard Examiner, Joan Evans Ahlf, Mara Brown, Ogden City Arts and Beehive Cheese.