Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/alegroup/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sam-pro-lite/sam-pro-front.php on line 918
Code of Conduct
AREA-INFO.NET members will not:
- post stories or comments with an explicitly commercial purpose (including spam and link spam);
- plagiarize the work of others, fail to acknowledge source material, or use images that belong to others without their permission;
- abuse, threaten or verbally attack other members, individuals, or AREA-INFO.NET staff. You know how bullies work. We’ll do our best to spot them and get rid of them;
- post libelous, obscene or pornographic material or content that contains racist, sexist, homophobic and other slurs;
- deliberately post stories that are untrue, false, or misleading, that impersonate someone else
- or that make false representations about the poster him/herself;
- or break the law in pursuit of, or during, the composition or capture of a story, photo or video.
AREA-INFO.NET members will:
- be accountable for stories they post and follow up by correcting known errors;
- resist attacks, insults and threats and instead remain civil and focused on the ideas being presented rather than the individuals expressing them;
- promote interactivity and dialogue that supports real community collaboration.
AREA-INFO.NET’s Anti-Flaming/Baiting Policy:
“Flaming is the hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users. An Internet user typically generates a flame response to other posts or users posting on a site, and is usually not constructive, does not clarify a discussion, and does not persuade others. Sometimes, flamers attempt to assert their authority, or establish a position of superiority over other users.”
Flamers tend to end conversations by entering them; they create a hostile environment in which real discourse is quashed in favor of insults and abuse. We do not stand for flaming as our Terms of Service make clear. For AREA-INFO.NET’s purposes, flaming is most prevalent in comments and in the forum. Deciding who is or isn’t a flamer, and how that contributor will be handled, is at the final and sole discretion of AREA-INFO.NET staff.
It all comes down to Common Sense and Common Ground. Once a user has been pinpointed as a flamer, (one or more instances of obvious flaming, and/or reported flaming from other site users) we:
- send the user a warning indicating that they’re at risk of forfeiting their membership. Sometimes we may also or instead post a comment in the thread;
- observe the user for signs of reform or response. Should the user reform or respond and apologize, they will be given another chance;
- Should he or she ignore staff or continue the behavior, we will revoke his/her status or block the account.
AREA-INFO.NET is a community that values intelligence and openness. Our users need not subscribe to hate speech, abusive or inflammatory behavior in order to get a point across. You are a member of a community that is more than willing to support and elevate you and your work if you command respect. Remember the golden rule: Treat others as you wish to be treated.