NEW ORLEANS – The NOPD arrested Willie Thomas (pictured, DOB: 05-12-1981) in the investigation of numerous vehicle burglary incidents in the Fourth District.
At about 6:00 a.m. on September 29, 2019, NOPD Fourth District officers arrested Thomas for multiple vehicle burglaries. During questioning, the subject admitted to numerous burglaries that occurred throughout the Fourth District between August 23 and September 29, 2019.
The incidents to which detectives linked Thomas as the perpetrator include:
- August 23, 2019 in the 500 block of Albany Court
- September 1, 2019 in the 900 block of Pacific Street
- September 13, 2019 in the 600 block of Guadalcanal Street
- September 15, 2019 in the 800 block of Pacific Court
- Two incidents on September 15, 2019 in the 700 block of Olympia Street
- September 15, 2019 in the 900 block of Olympia Street
- September 29, 2019 in the 500 block of Bon Homme Richard Street
- September 29, 2019 in the 500 block of Guadalcanal Street.
Thomas was booked into the Orleans Parish Justice Center for nine counts of simple burglary of a vehicle.
Anyone with additional information on these incidents is asked to contact NOPD Fourth District detectives at 504-658-6040.