(TIP: Don't forget to share this article with your friends.)
How To Fix Congress Viewed 61,611 timesBy: Senior Editor
Published for Sandy, Utah (Area-Info.net May. 24, 2012)
Perhaps, this can be verified. Perhaps, not. However, the important message here is that the United States is a country which has historically given people power through voting.
We have seen small instances of people flexing their voting rights during the past two or three years. However, we as Americans need to become passionate about our country. How do we do this? By getting involved ...
PLEASE Read and Pass On To 20 Of Your Friends...
Warren Buffett, in a recent interview with CNBC, offers one of the best quotes about the debt ceiling:
"I could end the deficit in 5 minutes," he told CNBC. "You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election.
The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971 - before computers, e-mail, cell phones, etc.
Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took one (1) year or less to become the law of the land - all because of public pressure.
Warren Buffet is asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise.
In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.
Congressional Reform Act of 2012
- No Tenure / No Pension.
- A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they're out of office.
- Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
- All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
- Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all
- Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
- Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
- Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
- All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 12/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women.
Congress made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message. Don't you think it's time?
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!
If you agree, pass it on.
Posted by the editor. www.Area-Info.net is the one location on the web where "you write the news."
Created to give anyone a voice that wants one, Area-Info.net is a nationwide forum for people who have something to say. Follow Area-Info.net on Facebook
(TIP: Share your opinion, or news from your point of view: Go to Your View)